Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Medical Ward

On my first months of work i was assigned in the medical charity ward (now i'm in OB) at the hospital i'm currently employed. It's not a usual place many of my colleagues find pleasing to work in due to connotations a charity ward brings. Considering the fact that i'm new, i was so determined to be good if not the best in my chosen profession. I didn't mind the different kinds of odor you smell or how warm the area is for as long as i learn. In other words, it was a training ground for me.
Most of the patients there are elderlies with hpn, heart ds, etc. They are the members of the low income group so to speak.
Each day that i spent there, i was not only skill trained. Most of all i developed empathy and serve these kinds of people with sincere TLC (in nursing it speaks of tender loving care) that most nurses nowadays neglect. True it's burdensome to work in the medical charity ward because we are always understaff and overloaded with work that you can't even get yourself to sit and eat because otherwise you can't finish your work on time. What keeps me going and maintain my sincererity 'til now, though, is i see my family in every one of them. And for me it's all that matters. I believe that whatever you bestowed on others comes right back to you.

1 comment:

Abou said...

hello karoma dee ha ha, me blog ka pala!

About Me

My photo
Philippines
a typical filipina nurse, hardworking, easy to please, strong, smart, sweet, married to a remarkable man and a proud mom of three wonderful kids.