Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thank You!



No one is an island.
Though there are some who always prefer to be alone, there will come a time in their lives that they will need somebody. . . . . a friend, a help, or someone to love and love them back.
Everyday we meet different kinds of acquaintances. These are the people we ask for directions when we are lost, help us carry our grocery bags, open the door for us when both our hands are full etc. etc. And these are also the people we met a long time ago who gave meaning to our lives.
Even as a child, my dad taught me to always show gratitude to the people who are kind to me. Saying thank you may sound so ordinary but to the one who receives it, it gives sparkles to the eyes. But recently, i notice that i don't say the words anymore. I was always in a hurry that i just turned my back right away after my needs are met. I didn't even manage to give a smile. And now I wonder how awful it must have been to those people i forgot to say thank you to. I know so because i felt bad this morning when i helped a lady picked up her groceries when it scattered on the sidewalk and she didn't even bother to thank me.
I want to take this opportunity to thank someone in my past who first taught me the meaning of love. Thank you my friend.

3 comments:

Kenji said...

Oh wow I really felt the sincerity in this post... But on my end, i thank you for reminding the beauty of being kind to the people who help ya! :D

It's been too long since I last think why i even say "Thank you" anymore to anyone in particular! :D

karomadee said...

kenji - tnx for the comment. continue to say thank you and the same comes right back to you. Godspeed!

DubLiMan said...

Your SlogBite membership is almost complete. All that's left is for you to deploy the SB widget on your sidebar. Just login and choose among 4 widget styles and 8 color choices. The widget content will only be other SB members that share the same categories as you. http://www.slogbite.com/login Please let me know if you have any problems. mkaye@slogbite.com

About Me

My photo
Philippines
a typical filipina nurse, hardworking, easy to please, strong, smart, sweet, married to a remarkable man and a proud mom of three wonderful kids.